Since the the first New Hampshire Club opened its doors in Manchester in 1906, Boys & Girls Clubs have been serving our state’s young people, especially those who need us most. Today seven Clubs are headquartered in: Concord, Derry, Lakes Region, Manchester, Nashua, Salem and Souhegan Valley (Milford). Boys & Girls Clubs also serve the North Country through the Littleton/Lisbon Club, administered under the guidance of the Manchester Club.
In New Hampshire
- 19,021 youth were registered members of our Clubs, and more than 45,000 were touched by our outreach programs and events statewide.
- 7 Clubs provided services at 28 program sites and 16 school-based sites.
- 258 paid, professional staff and 748 volunteers worked with our Clubs and Club members.
- Average annual cost of program delivery was only $539 per member.
- Statewide, annual club dues averaged $23, with more than $78,000 distributed in scholarship funds. No child is ever turned away for lack of funds.
Positive Proven Results
Boys & Girls Clubs in New Hampshire are proud to be part of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America Movement. More than 4,000 Clubs reach over 4.4 million youth throughout our nation and on our military bases around the world. In 2007 the Boys & Girls Clubs of America commissioned the third national Harris Interactive survey of Club alumni, which found that:
- 57% of alumni said the Club saved their life.
- 90% of Club Alumni graduate from high-school, as compared to 85% nationwide.
- 61% became more committed to their education because of Boys & Girls Clubs.
- 28% would have dropped out of high school if not for Boys & Girls Clubs.
- 51% achieved a higher level of education than they though possible because of their Club.
- Overall, 91% are satisfied with their adult lives.